Certified Focusing-Oriented Therapist
I am a Nature Guided Focusing Oriented Therapist and Sandplay Therapy Intern. I work in person with individuals of all ages who are navigating grief, loss, and major life transition due to disability, illness, injury, gender identity, oppression, social injustice, and sexuality.
I offer embodied and experiential forms of counselling for individuals who are impacted by ableism, gender essentialism, heterosexism, sexism, transphobia and transmisogyny. I will support you to explore and navigate the effects of being Othered by these systems of oppression.
I emphasize a counselling philosophy and approach that strengthens your ability to access your own inner wisdom, voice, and guidance, voice, and guidance – both within and beyond the counselling relationship. I accompany you in cultivating a renewed sense of awe, wonder and belonging by helping you create deep relationships with Self and Nature.
I offer Mentoring and Supervision for Focusing Oriented Therapists and Focusing Oriented Therapists-in-training. This service is primarily offered in person, but arrangements may be made for online sessions.
Hearth Place – 5350 West Riverbottom Road, Duncan, BC, Canada V9L 6J6
English and ASL
Professional memberships with licensing or registering bodies:
Canadian Certified Counsellor (CCC) – Canadian Counselling and Psychotherapy Association (CCPA)
– Focusing Oriented Therapist (FoT) – The International Focusing Institute
– Sandplay Therapy Intern – Canadian Association for Sandplay Therapy
– Professional Association for Equine Facilitated Wellness
Academic and training qualifications:
– Masters of Education – Community, Rehabilitation and Disability Studies – University of Calgary
– Ecopsychology Certificate – Pacifica Graduate Institute
– Applied Positive Psychology Certificate – The Flourishing Center
– Child & Youth Mental Health Post-Graduate Certificate – Thompson Rivers University
– American Sign Language (ASL) and Deaf Studies Certificate – Vancouver Community College
– Bachelor of Arts, Double Major in Law and Sociology Concentration in Criminology and Criminal Justice – Carleton University
Individual psychotherapy/counselling, Conflict Mediation
Areas of special interest or advanced training
I have a special interest in working with grief, loss, identity, and belonging.
I have specialized training in the following areas:
– Equine Facilitated Counselling ~ Generation Farms ~ Professional Association for Equine Facilitated Wellness
– Focusing Oriented Dreamwork ~ Dr. Leslie Ellis
– Focusing Oriented Therapy ~ Dr. Leslie Ellis ~ International Focusing Institute
– Healing Trauma with Guided Drawing ~ Cornelia Elbrecht ~ Institute of Sensorimotor Art Therapy
– Holistic Expressive Play Therapy ~ Dr. Marie-José Dhaese ~ Centre for Expressive Therapy
– LEGO Serious Play Facilitation ~ Strategic Play Group
– Sandplay Therapy ~ Dr. Linda Cunningham ~ International Society for Sandplay Therapy
Training: I offer training in Focusing-oriented Therapy (for professionals), psychologists